Skip to main content

Sample Resume Cover Letters For Job Seekers


Dear Job Seekers, 

We know that writing an effective cover letter can be a challenge; this week we have received over 30 requests for resume cover letter examples. Here are the “Top Five Best Resume Cover Letters”.
We encourage you to following us on Facebook to receive more resume cover letter tips (click here to join us on Facebook)
Sample Email Cover Letter
From:     Katherine Knockwood [accountexecutive@aol.com]
To:          hr@incentivedepot.com
Cc:         
Subject: Thanks from Katherine; I’ll be the next one


Mr. ________:

I wanted to thank you for the interview we had on March 13, 20–. The position that was being offered sounds like something I would be interested in. However, I do understand your reasons for not choosing me for the position, and I thank you very much for your honesty.

Perhaps when you are looking for an account executive with five years of experience instead of ten, you will bear me in mind. I am determined to be your choice. I hope the fact that I came in a close second to someone with twice my chronological experience will help you remember me.

I look forward to hearing from you, and thank you again for your time. With your permission I will stay in touch.

Sincerely,

Katherine Knockwood
(516) 555-1212
accountexecutive@aol.com
E-mail to a Potential Employer


From:     Matthew Lorenzo [bankerpro@hotmail.com]
To:          hr@fleetcareers.com
Cc:         
Subject: Financial management / Sales orientation    

Dear Mr. _________:

Please include my name in your job search database. As requested, I have attached a copy of my current résumé.

Banking today is definitely a sales environment. While my marketing skills will always be useful, my interests lead me now to seek a more distinct financial management position such as Controller, Treasurer, or Vice President of Finance.

Since my CPA will be completed in January 20–, my search may be somewhat premature, but my transcript and results, combined with my practical experience, should offset my temporary lack of an accounting designation. I would therefore like you to begin considering me immediately. As an Account Manager, I saw many different industries, and so would not feel constrained to any one sector.

Including a mortgage loan benefit, I am currently earning $4,500 per month plus a car allowance. This should provide you with an indication of my present job level. Your suggestions or comments would be appreciated. I am available for interviews, and can be reached at (516) 555-1212. Thank you.

Yours truly,

Matthew Lorenzo
bankerpro@hotmail.com


Response to Newspaper Advertisement  
An ad response with requested salary history


Cassidy Stratton
444 Marks Street • Brentwood, NY 11717 • (631) 435-1879 • cassidy123@custsrv.net

February 4, 20–
 
Mr. Josh Williams
Personnel Director
LI Financial Group
777 Alexander Road
Huntington Station, NY 11746

Dear Mr. Williams:

In response to your open position announcement in Newsday for a customer service representative, I am forwarding my résumé for your review and consideration. Ideally, this position will make optimal use of my experience working in capacities that require strong interpersonal communication and customer needs assessment skills, an ability to interface effectively with internal/external contacts, and a skill for ensuring the accurate, timely processing of electronic, verbal, and written information.

Since 1994, I have held longstanding positions of increased responsibility for leading financial services organizations, in charge of tracking, monitoring, reviewing, and processing of account and market-related data. In these positions, I have proved and continue to prove myself as a capable, take-charge team player with an ability to coordinate diversified departmental and customer support functions. Combined with my ability to proficiently manage and train others on the complexities of comprehensive databases and improve workflow efficiencies, I am confident that I would be an asset to your customer service organization.            

I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you for an in-depth interview. Thank you for your review and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,
Cover Letter to a Potential Employer

 

Elana M. Carter
1267 Campton Drive    Northville, Michigan 48167


Emily ____________                                                                                                               
(Title)
ABC Corporation
1 Industry Plaza
Dearborn, MI 48120

Dear Ms. ___________:

I currently hold a sales management position for a very successful retail company. My talents to achieve high sales volume, work cooperatively with diverse personalities, and focus on providing exceptional customer service have allowed me to excel in customer relations and succeed in sales and marketing.

I have always enjoyed a challenge and have made the decision to extend my experience to the pharmaceutical sales field. Pharmaceutical sales has been an interest of mine for some time, and I am confident that my background and skills in customer service, human relations, and product distribution would transition well into pursuing this change. What I may lack in specific experience in your business, I more than make up for with my dedication, energy, and determination.

I thoroughly understand the importance of developing customer relations, generating revenue from sales potential within a designated territory, and maintaining accurate customer information. I have the aptitude and willingness to learn the necessary technical medical materials to promote your products. I am fully capable of projecting a positive and professional image of an organization and its products, and I strongly believe I possess the necessary skills and qualifications your organization seeks to be successful in this field of work.

Your time in reviewing my confidential résumé is greatly appreciated. I will follow up next week to answer any questions you may have regarding my qualifications. At that time, I would like to discuss the possibility of setting up a personal interview at your convenience. Please contact me if you would like to speak sooner.

Very truly yours,
Elana Carter
Elana Carter
enclosure


E-Mail Response to Online Job Posting

From:     Joan Carter [jcartersalespro@hotmail.com]
To:          mbroome@palmettonetworksecurity.com
Cc:          
Subject:  Tech sales/key acct/new territory dev/negotiation/customer service

Dear Ms. ________:

Please accept this letter as application for the Technical Sales Representative position currently available with your company, as listed on Monster.com. My confidential résumé is attached for your review and consideration, and I believe you will find me well qualified.

Detailed on my résumé you will find a solid background in Sales and Marketing, with over two years in technical sales. In this capacity, I have developed an expertise in new and key account acquisition, new territory development and management, contract negotiation, and customer service. I am confident that my experience in these areas will prove to be an asset to ABC Corporation.

Additionally, I am familiar with blueprints, part number breakdowns, and the bidding process of our major accounts, which include ________, _________, ___________, and __________ Corp. I have doubled my sales from $40,000/month to $80,000/month in just two years, and I am known for effectively identifying and resolving problems before they affect related areas, personnel, or customers.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss with you how I might make similar contributions to the success of ABC Corporation. I look forward to hearing from you to schedule a personal interview at your convenience.

Sincere regards,

Joan Carter
(516) 555-1212
jcartersalespro@hotmail.com

 Following us on Facebook to receive more resume cover letter tips (click here to join us on Facebook)