Immediate Press Release
March 18, 2016
Media Contact: Maria Westwood, JobFairGiant.com
email@example.com, 734-956-4550 ext1
Five Resume Detox Tips for Candidates Attending Michigan Job Expo
Sterling Heights, Michigan – Hundreds of job candidates have pre-registered to attend the Michigan Job Expo happening on March 30, but wait before you hand-in your resumes to recruiters. Be sure to detox your resume it’s that time of year for spring cleaning so purge, rewrite and renew.
We are excited employers in Michigan are yelling “You’re Hired” displaced workers are finding employment. JobFairGiant.com, the largest monthly job fair sponsor in Michigan plans to connect job seekers with over 50 companies hiring in the Metro Detroit area.
The Michigan Job Expo will take place on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Wyndam Garden Hotel (34911 Van Dyke Ave, Sterling Heights, MI). This job expo event will connect experienced professionals, college alumni, military veterans and entry-level workers with employers.
Hiring companies include: North Star Ranch Trucking, The Home Depot, Endeavor Airlines, Check n’Go, Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Checkers Hamburgers, US. Customs and Border Patrol, TTI Global, Lee Industrial Contracting, CSI Support & Development Services, KFC Michigan, Goodman Networks, Wieland Precision Technologies, Global Information Technologies, Universal Truckload, US Army, American Jewelry and Loan, Sanctuary at Bellbrook, RAMPF Group, Inc., WADL Detroit, SCA Solutions, Atlas Copco, Dialog Direct and many more companies.
Candidates planning to attend the Michigan Job Expo can use these Five Resume Detox Tips:
- Do remove the useless objective from the header. Replace with your position title – example: Experienced CDL Truck Driver, Entry-Level Customer Service Representative, Military Veteran CNC Machinist
- Do purge your personal email address. Add a professional email address. Stop waiting for a telephone call from employers that want to interview you; instead check your email inbox several times daily. Technology is the latest method use to schedule interviews, online test and pre-screen applicants.
- Do add six popular keywords at top of your resume to highlight your experience. Do your research visit www.giantjobs.net review jobs in your career field, make a list of qualifications in each job opening, then pick six keywords that are most frequent.
- Do rewrite job descriptions in resume. Use complete sentences to describe your work experience. Avoid using " I " in your description. Avoid short phrases such as "I managed a team of people" instead "Responsible for management of ten customer service representatives in call center environment; trained and supervised staff to effectively resolve customer issues and enhance call quality." Communicate your skills and talents.
- Do renew education credentials. Add all education, certificates/credentials before employment history. These are great accomplishments that deserve to shine at the top of your resume, employers want to hire people with education. Don’t save the best for last.