Skip to main content

30-SECOND ELEVATOR PITCH

 30-SECOND ELEVATOR PITCH

An “elevator pitch” is a 30-second spoken statement about you, in your own authentic voice. It is a

well-prepared answer to the questions “Tell me a little bit about yourself,” or “So, what do you do?”


Who you are: My name is . I am a(n) specializing in

(Tip: Use your actual job title or a descriptive term for your occupation/skills. Move from the general to

the specific) For example: “I am a graduating chemistry major specializing in the food sciences,” or “I am a Research Assistant on a project specializing in energy-efficient building materials.”

What you do

(Tip: Write a single sentence that describes what you do so the other person can picture

what you mean). For example: “I work with…” or “My responsibilities include…”


Why you are the best, unique, talented, or particularly good at doing: 

(Tip: Write a sentence that expresses your best skills and/or strengths, and sets you apart from others with your same degree.

Provide a concrete example if possible). For example: “My sales quota consistently exceeds that of my

peers,” or “My experience speaking to large groups allows me to…”


What contributions are you hoping to make: 

(Taking the employer’s perspective, what problem will you solve for the employer, or for the world?) For example: “One of my goals is to use my skills and experience to maximize your company’s…” or “ Continuing my research track, I hope to make advances in…”


METRO DETROIT CAREER EXPO
Thursday, September 29. 2022
Morning Event: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00p.m.
Afternoon Event: 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.

Location: Best Western Hotel
26555 Telegraph Rd., Southfield, MI

Submit Your Resume Today.

Bring your resume and plan to meet several recruiters; dress for possible job interviews. Michigan companies are looking to hire YOU. Several job openings in Wayne County, Ann Arbor Area, Western Wayne County, Port Huron, Livingston County, Flint Area, Lansing, Macomb County, Oakland County, and Metro Detroit plan to attend this event.

Do you want a full-time or part-time job? This event will connect you with employers hiring experienced candidates, people with no experience, currently employed candidates, college graduates, recent college graduates, internship candidates, people with felony convictions, older senior workers, disabled candidates able to work, youth ages 17 to 24 years old, skilled trade candidates, military veterans, union workers, and entry-level candidates.